Am I buying the right items?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

revs

Hello, new to the forums!

I need a new rear wheel for my Scott Sub 30 (700c, 2007 edition) as it was stolen! :headshake:

So I need a wheel, tyre, inner tube and rear cassette.

Evans Cycles pointed me in the right direction, but I want to confirm I have the right size wheel and that the tyre etc I am choosing will fit.

So this is what I have so far:

M:Wheel Shimano Deore/Mavic A319 Rear Wheel

Shimano HG50-I 8 Speed Cassette

Continental Sport Contact Hybrid Tyre With Tube 700x28

If someone could confirm that these items would:

a) fit my bike
:smile: all fit together nicely

Anything I should look out for?

Thanks!

revs

e-rider

crappy member
Funny that you got advice from Evans and then decide to buy from Wiggle - although I'd do the same!

The components you list will all go together - don't forget rim tape and inner tube. I guess your bike has a shimano 8 speed set-up already (not 7 or 9 speed)

OP
OP
R

revs

Well I'm not sure if I'll go to Evans or Wiggle. Evans have been very helpful not only in this instance, but in the past, and I would like to reward them with a sale. But Wiggle is £20 cheaper! Decisions Decisions!

I found a online voucher for Evans which takes off 10%, so that makes the difference around £13 - so I think ill give them my business.

I checked the tyres last night and saw that its a 32mm width, so I'll make sure I get a matching one.

Thanks for the replies!

jay clock

Massive member
Double check that your existing bike is 8 speed. The spokes are dished according to the number of cogs (except that I think 9 and 10 are the same (?)

Top Bottom