Am I going too far?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

porteous

Veteran
OK. I have a shed full of bits.Currently on the repair stand is a 1967 Rudge Pathfinder frame bought from a very nice chap in Derbyshire.

Last week I got, in no particular order, and for no particular reason:
1. A cheap NOS AW 3 speed
2. A sturmey Archer threaded driver
3, A NOS 3 speed freewheel

I'm sure some of you are way ahead of me and can see what's coming..

I find myself building a 9 speed (It may even get to 18) hybrid Sturmey Archer/Deraileur touring bike. I already have two other Pathfinders, one a 4 speed SA and one a ten speed Cyclo Benelux with a suicide front changer, both nice and original(ish) and pretty much as sold by Rudge/Raleigh in 1957 and 1968 respectively.

This makes 7 rebuilds so far (The others are 3 mixtes a chrome 60s Carlton and a 1948 Rudge Clubman)

The only reason I can give 'er indoors for the current one is "to see if it works" which sounds lame even to me.

I now find myself building something really odd and I don't know why. Am I addicted? Is treatment available? (Can I get old bike bits on the NHS??)

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
There is no hope for you at all, unless you undergo some crash detox and go cold turkey.
You need to get rid of all your project bikes as soon as possible.
Fortunately I know a very kind chap :whistle: who'll drop round and take them off you hands, and not charge you very much money at all.
No, don't thank me - I regard it as a civic duty.
See you Saturday.
*finds bike rack*

Top Bottom