am i mad

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

mazza

thanks ronmac im off tommorow on the early train its mainly the wind and cold that plus i cant garantee the roads so im going to do the sensible thing and leave the bike at home but i was tempted again while i was reading cycling plus today i waas reading the article about the guy who cycled to tip of south america on tandem picking up peaple as he went along. anyway ive got a trip planed for april to northern spain with the bike this time so i ill look forward to doing some riding there ive never been there before so it should be great

rualexander

Legendary Member
Cycling in the Hebrides in winter is great, I've done it several times. Hostel accommodation is good at the Gatliff Trust hostels and a few independent hostels too, the weather is generally not as cold or snow affected as the mainland, the roads are reasonably quiet, and the atmosphere of cycling in the dark with good lights (the days are quite short so it is sometimes necessary) with the smell of peat smoke in the air from nearby houses is magical.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
The Hebrides are a great place for cycling, except for parts of Skye, you'd be mad to take the bus...

Top Bottom