Am I on my own?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steelisbest

Living in South Somerset I don’t see any other trikes about.

Looking for some one to one help/tips from a more experienced triker . Able to travel to Devon, Dorset or possibly even further afield. Have had the sprint for 6 years now, used it a fair bit at first then infrequently, and never really got to grips with it. Time to either sort it out or move on whilst still fit enough to care.

All practical help would be much appreciated.

Phil

hi Phil

We have a few in your area on recumbent trikes UK on our Facebook page

emma

It's harder to get cycling fit on a recumbent trike vs a DF bike.
So expect to be in first gear crawling up hill at sub 5 mph a lot of the time.
That's what I remember from when I first got my bent trike
I only got really cycling fit on my first long tour after having my trike ~5 months.
Plus I've modded my trike to give me another 4 gears below the standard 15" first gear.
It does make hill climbing a lot easier with a silly low first gear, but no faster ....... ^_^

Finding other riders is a bit of a catch 22 situation.
You don't want to go out until you find someone to ride with, but to find someone you need to get out.
Also in the UK recumbent riders are rare, I may only see 2-3 other recumbent riders during a 4,000-6,000 mile tour.

m6mal

where's me bike
I am lucky as a new triker in having a good friend in @Tigerbiten who has been to see me and advise me etc and also to go riding with from time to time, I also now have my brother who bought my trike off me this week to go riding with also. So i have one or 2 folk to go riding with or both which makes me glad, although i will do some lone riding if nobody is available. When i first started doing my test runs etc i thought i would be on my own most of the time and i suppose being a lone rider can put a different spin on things as in not being bothered to go out etc etc. OK all i need now is a trike again and hopefully will be triking very soon, also the weather is being good as i am without wheels and sods law says it will change when i get my wheels, but we shall see.

Top Bottom