Am I Too Short For This Bike?! #Frustration

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
I'd go into a store and see how you fit on it, buying online for a first bike can lead to discomfort on the bikes then you think you don't like cycling, when you would on a bike that fits .

13 rider

Guru
Have you been in store and tried to sit on it ,just because sizing says 5.4 its only a rough guide and it looks like the saddle can be lowered quite a lot. Visit the store and talk to staff and see what they say .word of warning halfords are not well thought off on forum but I've have no problems with them service varies store to store just see how you feel

OP
OP
Gypsy_Julene

Gypsy_Julene

Yeah there's not a Halfords nearby which is why I've had to resort to online, I know I'm taking a risk into my hands doing it that way, I'll see where I can go and what I can do in a physical setting, thanks for your help :smile: Sorry to be such a noob :shy:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Yeah there's not a Halfords nearby which is why I've had to resort to online, I know I'm taking a risk into my hands doing it that way, I'll see where I can go and what I can do in a physical setting, thanks for your help :smile: Sorry to be such a noob :shy:
I think if you're paying good money for a bike it's best to know it fits you.
What does 5'4" mean? There are 'average people' I guess, but there are short leg/longer body and vice versa, all the same height but different proportions. Also there's flexibility to consider etc.
I'd say it's taking a risk. Find a recommended local bike shop and start there. Fit is personal and very important!

I think if you're paying good money for a bike it's best to know it fits you.
What does 5'4" mean? There are 'average people' I guess, but there are short leg/longer body and vice versa, all the same height but different proportions. Also there's flexibility to consider etc.
I'd say it's taking a risk. Find a recommended local bike shop and start there. Fit is personal and very important!
As per FF, reach is often the more important aspect of fit. If you have longer arms and legs for your height, a larger frame may be better and vice versa for shorter legs and arms. Personally I've never bought a bike before trying it, though lots have but you need know what kind of fit will suit first.

Mrs M

Guru
Suggested height is just a rough guide, depends on much more, inside leg, reach, etc.
Why not call Halfords, explain you can't get to them and see what they suggest?
Good luck.

Kumquat

I've literally just bought this bike!

I'm about 5'7" or 5'8" and it's the perfect size for me, the saddle isn't up very much though (lower than in the halfords picture) which makes me think that it will likely be too big on you..I don't have especially long legs though, so I might be wrong.

As people have said, the only way to know for sure is to try to get to a halfords

vickster

Legendary Member
Perhaps have a look at womens bikes. Concentrate on getting the best bike for you, not what seems to be the best deal

Top Bottom