1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I wrong to....

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by mickle, 23 Aug 2007.

1. ......laugh at someones misfortune?

Its just that I dont have much sympathy for idiot motorists who drive too fast for the conditions and/or dont leave adequate distance to the vehicle in front and I suppose if you are going to run into the back of the vehicle in front, like the white Ford Focus on the North circular this morning, why not choose to do it in style and totally write off your car by barrelling headlong into the back of one of those highway maintenance lorries which feature an E N O R M O U S FLASHING ARROW on the back?

2. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

no

3. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

Depends if they're badly hurt or not, even if they are being idiots. Nobody likes injuries!!!!!

4. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

If they're not hurt then I don't have a problem with it.

5. Cycling Naturalist

Cycling Naturalist Legendary Member

I'd put up with them being badly shaken.

6. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

Whether they're hurt or not might determine whether it's wrong to laugh, but it doesn't affect whether it's funny or not.

7. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

I think I would draw the line at cut's and bruises, possibly a broken arm.

8. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

Couple of broken bones might make them think in future...

If I could see that the person wasn't hurt, and I happened to be there when it happened, I think I'd not only laugh, but probably pull up something to sit on so I could watch the ramifications in comfort...

At least it's unlikely the lorry driver, who was presumably not at fault, was hurt..

9. Twenty Inch

Twenty Inch New Member

But are you laughing at their misfortune? Or at the consequences of their stupid behaviour?

In any event, sounds like you had a smashing time.

10. asterix

asterix Comrade Member

Maybe it was the lorry drivers fault for dazzling the driver with the lights?

11. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

But, was the flashing light hidden by a high hedged corner. It can happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. johnr

johnr Über Member

Where's the headcam when you need it

13. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

A little bit of schadenfreude never hurt anybody! xx(

I must admit that I laugh a little too often here, as there does seem to be an improportionately high number of do-gooders in this country. :biggrin:

14. I'd probably find that quite funny, once I was sure no one had been seriously hurt. I see so many idiot motorists get away with shockingly bad driving it's nice to see one come a (harmless) cropper every now and again.

15. I am happy to confirm that the eejit in question was walking around, his only injury seemed to be a very red face.