Amateur Cycling Injuries Survey

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Braulio

Hi there.
Like many sports as a cyclist, we are exposed to injuries and there is not much information about amateur cyclists.
I'm a university student at St Mary's University and I plan to carry out a survey on common amateur cycling injuries to have more data differentiating from the professionals.
If you have experienced an injury as a consequence of cycling you can participate in my survey by clicking on the following link
https://stmarys.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/amateur-cycling-injuries-survey
Feel free to share the link with those who may want to participate in the survey
Thanks

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
How did you come to the conclusion about “common”?

The purpose of the survey is to understand the overuse injuries (gradual onset)common among amateur cyclists.

OP
OP
B

Braulio

How did you come to the conclusion about “common”?
Happening often; existing in large numbers or in many places(Oxford Dictionary) The same in a lot of places or for a lot of people (Cambridge Dictionary)
The purpose of this survey is to find the injury, not to understand it as many studies were performed on the wider range of overuse injuries in cycling.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Oh hang on, gradual onset.

In that case, none. It's usually instantaneous onset when I hit (or something hits me). Skinned backside (that was painful), broken hand, broken ribs twice, broken spine, damaged shoulder (both), cut nose open, cut arm open and various gravel rashes but not terribly exciting. But nothing that's been a gradual onset. No RSI, no dodgy knees etc.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Happening often; existing in large numbers

Okay so why do you think there are large numbers. What evidence do you have?

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
How about the health probs created by sitting in a car day in day out for years. I've cycled over 40 years on all terrains as daily transport no special gear, never been killed or run over.

Top Bottom