Amazfit Band 7 - does anyone else own one?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
My son bought me one of these for my birthday. It's not particularly helpful when cycling (no GPS), but some of the other functions are quite useful.

But I'm stuck in a peculiar Catch-22, given that mine failed rather spectacularly while I was using it while swimming - the glue that sticks the screen to the body gave up the ghost and it immediately filled with water and naturally stopped working.

Amazfit's support website allows you to register for an RMA - but there's a mandatory field for the device's serial number, without which you can't proceed. I can't for the life of me see any serial number printed or stamped on the outside of the device.

With hindsight, had I known it was going to fail, I could have interrogated it for that information - of course if I could still do that now, I wouldn't need it. :smile:

Does anyone else have this band? And, if so, is there a serial number visible externally on yours? I'm beginning to think I may have been sold a counterfeit one.

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
My son bought me one of these for my birthday. It's not particularly helpful when cycling (no GPS), but some of the other functions are quite useful.

But I'm stuck in a peculiar Catch-22, given that mine failed rather spectacularly while I was using it while swimming - the glue that sticks the screen to the body gave up the ghost and it immediately filled with water and naturally stopped working.

Amazfit's support website allows you to register for an RMA - but there's a mandatory field for the device's serial number, without which you can't proceed. I can't for the life of me see any serial number printed or stamped on the outside of the device.

With hindsight, had I known it was going to fail, I could have interrogated it for that information - of course if I could still do that now, I wouldn't need it. :smile:

Does anyone else have this band? And, if so, is there a serial number visible externally on yours? I'm beginning to think I may have been sold a counterfeit one.

Does the serial number show as a connected device in the app?

OP
OP
D

DaveReading

Does the serial number show as a connected device in the app?

Thanks for the suggestion - I seem to recall that it does while syncing, but as it's dead now it won't sync and the app doesn't seem to have any memory of the device (although it does still have a record of all the exercise data downloaded).

Unless it's hidden on one of the app screens that I haven't found yet. I'd also hoped there might be some Bluetooth connection history in Settings, but it would seem not.

OP
OP
D

DaveReading

Panic over !!

I decided to lever the watch out of the band, with a view to soaking it in distilled water and then doing the rice thing to see if I could revive it, only to find that in minuscule printing on the side of the watch (so only visible when out of the strap, and requiring a magnifying glass) was the elusive 14-digit serial number !

RMA request duly processed, though I'm still waiting for the confirmation email.

So the moral is, for anyone thinking of buying one - either keep the packaging or interrogate the serial number from the About screen on the app, and note it down, just in case !

Thanks for all the replies.

OP
OP
D

DaveReading

Is it in its Bluetooth connection name?
I don't think so, not that I can check anyway as it won't communicate with the app any more and there's no Bluetooth history.

Those are things that I'll investigate when I get my replacement (see above).

Top Bottom