Amazing knee

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
There has been an amazing thing happened today. My wife asked if i fancied a trip out for lunch.Cos thats what retired genteel men do.
Well i hobbled upstairs to get changed, i was sat on the bed putting on my shoes. Put both hands on my knees and pushed myself up. Pop/snap went the inside of my knee.Then i waited for the pain it was like an elastic band snapping.
No pain stood there rooted to the spot. The tightness of the knee was going down. Enjoyed a visit to Knaresbrough. Mention the RIVERSIDE CAFE. Everybody welcome go and visit if you are in the area. Cyclists welcome.
Well by 3pm i was cleaning the inside and outside conservatory windows with no problems.At the moment still no problems.Brilliant.:wacko:

Tynan

Veteran
I thought, trip out for lunch' was going to be a euphemism

trekman59

Miniscus tear

Postman, did you tear your miniscus? Did you have surgery? Mine was torn and the tear removed in early November. Mine still pops when I get up after being seated for a while. It's nowhere near as painful as it was before the surgery.

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
Hello Trekman59.What happened many years ago.My right knee used to swell . This went on for years. Got to such a stage my job was under threat. I was medically examined by a company Doctor.I was asked did i fancy medical retirement.No.
So i pestered my GP and i was sent for an Arthroscopy they found junk and a small tear.Cleared the junk but did not repair the tear.So time off work.Back to work the knee gave away again forther surgery repaired tear.
No probs since.But at the same time hospital found Osteoarthritis both hips and secondary arthritis in both knees.But never any pain.So three years on light duties.Then i took vol redundancy in 2006.
No trouble till 6-7 weeks ago when i helped two people move heavy furniture.That is what has caused the swelling now.But it seems to be settling.

Top Bottom