Amazon sellers - confidence

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tin Pot

Guru
hi all,

What confidence do you have in Amazon sellers?

I've found an almost "too good to be true" bargain, the seller, from Austria, on Amazon has no bad reviews and there is something called "A-z safe buying guarantee" Amazon provides.

I tend only to use Amazon occasionally and for small items, not things like bikes with a significant price tag.

Cheers tp

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Has Amazon behind it. Never had an issue

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
If the seller get's any complaints or large amounts of negative feedback, Amazon will suspend their account.

If the seller has lots of positive feedback then buy with confidence.

fixedfixer

Veteran
Trust Amazon far more than any auction site and that palpay thing. If you have a problem you can make contact with seller through Amazon system. That Amazon have a record of negotiations when trying to resolve things. They seem to sort refunds promptly if you are within the 30 day period.

Drago

Legendary Member
I use Amazon. I pay on my credit card via PayPal, so the seller doesn't see my card details, and if it goes wrong I go to the CC company for my chargeback, not the sometimes difficult PayPal.

Word of caution...some sellers on Amazon Marketplace have got hacked accounts....i talked to a company in Scotland who confirmed this last week. I also had to cancel a laptop purchase recently for the same reason...very little real-time checking done by Amazon IMO!

OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
With a name like "Herzallerliebst Baby- & Geschenkeboutique" (my knowledge of Germanic languages doesn't stretch this far), which google translates as "Heart Love Baby & Gift Boutique" you can imagine why I might be suspicious of a heavily discounted bike... :smile:

Cheers all.

Furthermore they have 25,000 results when searching for them, every product has only one or two in stock and massively discounted.

the company itself only has five ratings, one in the last nine months and its negative but you can't read it.

I'm out.

Shame, a hobootleg for £650 and free delivery would've rocked my Christmas. :smile:

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
If it was that 'discounted' it's dodgy !

zizou

Veteran
Ive noticed a lot of dodgy market place sellers in recent weeks, it seems to be a growing problem that they need to crack down on

D

Deleted member 22722

I use Amazon. I pay on my credit card via PayPal, so the seller doesn't see my card details, and if it goes wrong I go to the CC company for my chargeback, not the sometimes difficult PayPal.

You may not be aware but you lose a lot of your protection when paying on your credit card via PayPal. It's one reason why I won't pay for higher value items with PayPal nowadays if I can help it.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/PayPal-Section75

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
I don't use Amazon much now these days. The prices on 'Amazon-For-Real' are higher than independent retailers and Amazon Market Place sellers are shonkier than eBay on a bad day. I have had about half a dozen failed orders. One seller launched a tirade of abuse at me: swearing, name calling, threats etc. Pretty sociapathic. I reported his behaviour to Amazon who refunded the money, but he still is a Market Place seller. I recently waited 30+ days for a low-quality cycling gillet that was advertised as 6-10 days. I was sent £3.99 compensation. Whoo hooo. Everyone's a winner.

In the last year my eBay experiences have been 100%. They really have cleaned up their act from my experiences in the last decade. Good on them.

This summer I booked my holiday with lowcost holidays which went bust. Moneysaving expert posted a guide which stated that paypal customers don't have as much protection as those that paid on credit card. This proved to be 100% wrong as the paypal customers were amongst the first to be refunded. I d paid by credit card and did get my refund eventually. A couple of points

1.Don't take moneysaving expert as gospel
2.For small purchases Id say paypal is better than credit card (you can't make a section 75 credit card claim for under £100)
3.Be wary of the amazon sites\products with no feedback IME.

e-rider

crappy member
hi all,

What confidence do you have in Amazon sellers?

I've found an almost "too good to be true" bargain, the seller, from Austria, on Amazon has no bad reviews and there is something called "A-z safe buying guarantee" Amazon provides.

I tend only to use Amazon occasionally and for small items, not things like bikes with a significant price tag.

Cheers tp
Amazon sellers - think Delboy and Rodney

Top Bottom