Amazon Warehouse Deals

Discussion in 'Shopping, Services, Offers and Reviews' started by MrGrumpy, 4 Mar 2018.

1. MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Huge Member

Looking at purchasing a new gps device and can see a considerable saving on a warehouse deal. Warranty is my only worry , no manufacturer warranty! Anyone bought say a Garmin device via this route and successfully registered it ? Even though technically it’s used ?

2. Mort

Mort Interstellar Overalls

Amazon are usually better than a manufacturer warranty in my experience. Do they not give warranty info on the Amazon page?

3. OP
    OP
    MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Huge Member

Seems to be 30day return ? With no manufacturers warranty but that seems harsh? I just wonder if that’s just for money back and for repair it would be covered in the first year ?

4. Mort

Mort Interstellar Overalls

We bought a warehouse open box Moto G5 which developed the very common Moto ghost touch problems after about 13 or 14 months. Amazon replaced it without a quibble. It wasn't second hand and was sold as open box. I just filled the return form online and got a free post voucher.

5. OP
    OP
    MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Huge Member

Might have a punt albeit it’s about £100 saving to be made ;-) don’t mind a bashed box !

6. Tin Pot

Tin Pot Guru

What’s a warehouse deal?

I went to amazon warehouse and it has a bunch of stuff, used, from other people.

7. screenman

screenman Legendary Member

30 days is the same as Garmin give on out of warranty repairs.

8. 400bhp

400bhp Guru

No, it's 90.

9. wonderloaf

wonderloaf Über Member

I've bought a couple of items through warehouse deals, a Garmin 200 (which is still going strong a couple of years later) and a 2nd generation Kindle.

Both were meant to be 'refurbished' to be as new with some cosmetic marks but as far as I could see they were both brand new, the packaging didn't even look as though it had been opened ... maybe I got lucky and they sent me new as they had run out of refurbished items.

After a few months I noticed on the Kindle tiny cracks in the front bezel, they didn't stop the unit from working or anything but thought I'd try it on with Amazon anyway and to their credit they replaced the refurbed unit with a new one without any arguments.

I've not had any problems with the Garmin so far, but going on past experience if I was looking for a new GPS I'd certainly consider warehouse deals if the price was right.

10. screenman

Changed then, mind you they have just changed one for me that was 14 months out of warranty, good service in that instance.

11. 400bhp

400bhp Guru

It was 90 days when I had a previous refurbished 705 unit back in 2013.

screenman likes this.
  12. MossCommuter

MossCommuter Guru

I bought a phone on a warehouse deal. It was broken (actually it was locked to a Scandinavian network). Amazon gave a full refund and paid return postage.

13. screenman

I do not know where I got the idea it was 30 days, many thanks for correcting me. My refurbished have only been my swim watches.

400bhp likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice