Amazon Warehouse Deals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Looking at purchasing a new gps device and can see a considerable saving on a warehouse deal. Warranty is my only worry , no manufacturer warranty! Anyone bought say a Garmin device via this route and successfully registered it ? Even though technically it’s used ?

OP
OP
MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Seems to be 30day return ? With no manufacturers warranty but that seems harsh? I just wonder if that’s just for money back and for repair it would be covered in the first year ?

Tin Pot

Guru
What’s a warehouse deal?

I went to amazon warehouse and it has a bunch of stuff, used, from other people.

wonderloaf

Veteran
I've bought a couple of items through warehouse deals, a Garmin 200 (which is still going strong a couple of years later) and a 2nd generation Kindle.

Both were meant to be 'refurbished' to be as new with some cosmetic marks but as far as I could see they were both brand new, the packaging didn't even look as though it had been opened ... maybe I got lucky and they sent me new as they had run out of refurbished items.

After a few months I noticed on the Kindle tiny cracks in the front bezel, they didn't stop the unit from working or anything but thought I'd try it on with Amazon anyway and to their credit they replaced the refurbed unit with a new one without any arguments.

I've not had any problems with the Garmin so far, but going on past experience if I was looking for a new GPS I'd certainly consider warehouse deals if the price was right.

400bhp

Guru
Changed then, mind you they have just changed one for me that was 14 months out of warranty, good service in that instance.
It was 90 days when I had a previous refurbished 705 unit back in 2013.

I bought a phone on a warehouse deal. It was broken (actually it was locked to a Scandinavian network). Amazon gave a full refund and paid return postage.

Top Bottom