Ambulance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
This happened this morning. I obviously get out of the way of emergency vehicles as quickly as I safely can, but this shook me up. IMO the driver was way too close to me.

Custom24

Über Member
I tend to agree. To little space for the speed. If you got a registration, I would report it.

OP
OP
benb

benb

Evidence based cyclist
I might drop the ambulance trust an email, haven't decided.

I don't want to make more of it than it was, but it did unsettle me.

OP
OP
benb

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Plenty of space, really?

I felt endangered.
I probably won't report it, but I expect a higher standard of driving frankly.

AndyRM

XOXO
Perhaps 'plenty' was the wrong word, but from your video I'm not sure I'd have felt 'endangered'.

He was a bit close, but not dangerously so IMO. I suppose it comes down to how we respond to things on the road.

OP
OP
benb

benb

Evidence based cyclist
I imagine if you were there in person you might feel differently.

Garethgas

I stopped the video at 18s and you can clearly see the driver has left you plenty of room.
At 35s you were practically stationary.
Just because you were startled, why cause trouble for someone who has a difficult job to do and was just going about his daily business?
I really despair at some people's mentality.

OP
OP
benb

benb

Evidence based cyclist
If I was there in person I'd have paid attention to the great big loud sirens behind me and pulled over. But you caught it on camera, well done. You're a modern-day Hitchcock.

Put a sock in it, I did pull over as soon as I heard the sirens. What's your problem?

OP
OP
benb

benb

Evidence based cyclist
I stopped the video at 18s and you can clearly see the driver has left you plenty of room.
At 35s you were practically stationary.
Just because you were startled, why cause trouble for someone who has a difficult job to do and was just going about his daily business?
I really despair at some people's mentality.

How am I causing trouble? I already said I wasn't going to report it, but in my opinion the driving was substandard.

AndyRM

XOXO
I'm not sure there's a problem here, just a difference in emotional response. And perhaps differing opinions on what constitutes decent driving in an emergency situation.

Garethgas

How am I causing trouble? I already said I wasn't going to report it, but in my opinion the driving was substandard.

If you're not going to report it then that's fine.
I can't help wondering (and only you know for sure) whether you were a bit startled by the combination of his speed and the siren?

Top Bottom