Ambush! Or not?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Riding out to my friend's house on Monday evening, I started off on the Foss Islands Cycle Route, which runs past a travellers' estate (or whatever you call it where they park up and live in permanent houses). It's not the nicest route in York, but actually better than it used to be, less glass and stuff..

Anyway, coming round a bend with walls each side, not too fast, I see a chain lying across the path, and as I approach, slowing, it moves. So I'm all set to just stop, and turn round, expecting a couple of kids messing about, perhaps attempting to have cyclists off or something.

When I get up to it, I see that one end of the chain is tethered one side of the path, and the other end is fixed to the halter of the tiniest Shetland pony I've ever seen, grazing on the other side. And that she has a foal next to her, even tinier!:ohmy:

So I wished them both good day so as not to spook them, and rode over the chain...

betty swollocks

large member
Yet another thread which is simply no good without pictures.
So please Arch, go back and snap some and post them - then we can all go 'aaaaaaaaah'

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
betty swollocks said:
Yet another tread which is simply no good without pictures.
So please Arch, go back and snap some and post them - then we can all go 'aaaaaaaaah'

I was so annoyed I hadn't got my camera with me. I had my knitting, but not my camera... I'll see if I can find them again...

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I once went running with my running club through a field that had some Shetland ponies and their foals. It's the only time I've been concerned about a horse being trampled on.

Arch said:
I was so annoyed I hadn't got my camera with me. I had my knitting, but not my camera... I'll see if I can find them again...
Could you knit us a picture then:biggrin:.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Arch said:
I think it's better since they built James Street right through and the Morrisons store...

Since being the important word. During construction they had great fun. I used to see horses and ponies tethered in various places in the East of York. Perhaps you can't be too careful, I saw several horses escape in Tang Hall and running around the roads.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Cuddlier than the 'ambush' I encountered today;

Two fluorescent tubes placed across a local road & different sides:evil:

I did my bit and stopped and threw them in a middle of a bramble bush (sorry I was in the middle of nowhere & not the easiest thing to carry home) though when I got round the next corner 100-200 metres up, the remnants of smashed fine glass from 'ambush' number 3!:smile:

Top Bottom