annedonnelly
Girl from the North Country
- Location
- Canonbie
I was in a cafe not far from Dumfries today. After I'd eaten I went to look around the attached gift shop. I wasn't planning to buy anything but I spotted some chutneys & jams branded with the name of the cafe. I'd heard the waitress tell a customer that the jam they served with the scones was home-made and I've run out of marmalade so I bought a jar.
I looked at the label when I got home and found that it was made by someone with a PL21 postcode. That's Ivybridge, not far from Plymouth. A long, long way from the cafe that I thought had made it.
Both Aldi & the Co-op seem to make an effort to stock Scottish made products. I'd probably have been better going there.
I looked at the label when I got home and found that it was made by someone with a PL21 postcode. That's Ivybridge, not far from Plymouth. A long, long way from the cafe that I thought had made it.
Both Aldi & the Co-op seem to make an effort to stock Scottish made products. I'd probably have been better going there.