American Presidents.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A bit arty and unreal.
I know who they all are except the guy with the pipe. Looks like a cross between Ford and Carter, but neither of them smoked a pipe.
Can anyone identify this guy?

(Cue the usual political rabble and their whingeing)

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
I think it is Ford, pics on Google of him with a pipe, either him or it's Bing Crosby.

1621002867498.png

More importantly, is what was being said. Painted in 2008, so ...

Who is going to be the next Republican president ... Trump ....

laughing all round ...

OP
OP
D

Darius_Jedburgh

Veteran
Where does picture come from? I am asking as to why these individuals are shown, but not others
I don't know. I have no idea why these are shown and not others. It is a painting so some licence must be allowed.
Strange choices given their respective results.
Hard to see Nixon being welcome in any gathering.

AndyRM

XOXO
He's done ones of Democrats too.

More on image usage rights here: https://www.legalzoom.com/articles/trademarks-publicity-and-the-presidency

The last two paragraphs make a lot of sense:

"As a practical matter, politicians rarely object to having other people use their name and likeness on products. It's too easy to cause a social media backlash that could hurt them politically. Politicians also don't want to be viewed as hindering free speech, or picking petty battles while they are supposed to be running the country.

Does this mean you're free to launch a line of presidential bottle openers? Not necessarily. A president's name and image can be subject to several types of intellectual property, even if the president has been dead for centuries. A lawyer can advise you on the trademarks, copyrights, and rights of publicity that may apply to your project."

spen666

Legendary Member
I don't know. I have no idea why these are shown and not others. It is a painting so some licence must be allowed.
Strange choices given their respective results.
Hard to see Nixon being welcome in any gathering.
I was trying to find a reason for this grouping.

No solution seemed to fit

spen666

Legendary Member
He's done ones of Democrats too.

More on image usage rights here: https://www.legalzoom.com/articles/trademarks-publicity-and-the-presidency

The last two paragraphs make a lot of sense:

"As a practical matter, politicians rarely object to having other people use their name and likeness on products. It's too easy to cause a social media backlash that could hurt them politically. Politicians also don't want to be viewed as hindering free speech, or picking petty battles while they are supposed to be running the country.

Does this mean you're free to launch a line of presidential bottle openers? Not necessarily. A president's name and image can be subject to several types of intellectual property, even if the president has been dead for centuries. A lawyer can advise you on the trademarks, copyrights, and rights of publicity that may apply to your project."

Donald Trump arse wipes anyone?

JFK condoms to protect you when playing away?

Tricky Dickie Financial Services Products?

AndyRM

XOXO
(Roughly) L - R:

Andrew Jackson, Harry Truman, Lydon B. Johnson, Jimmy Carter, Franklin D. Roosevelt, Barack Obama, John F. Kennedy, Bill Clinton, Woodrow Wilson.

Top Bottom