Scotland : Stirling & The Trossachs AMR Trossachs Ton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi guys,

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere, I had a look but couldn't find another thread for it.

Are any of you planning to take part in http://www.action.org.uk/trossachs_ton this Sunday (the 16th)?

I've signed up for the 100 mile route, I did it last year and it was a brilliant event, really well marshalled, through beautiful scenery and (most importantly) with excellent food stops :hungry:

I'll be staying in Stirling on Saturday and starting as early as possible, and aiming for a sub 8 hour time.

If you're coming along be sure to say hello!

Cheers
Ed

edindave

Über Member
I'm not doing it this year, but I did it two years ago as my first ton.
It was indeed a great event (apart from getting a puncture after 30mi and being eaten alive by midges!)
I remember the food stop after about 40mi was outstanding, although at the time I was already more than happy just to get use of the mechanics' track pump!
Hope you have a good ride. :thumbsup:

Col5632

Guru
Success! Full report to follow when I'm sufficiently recovered as I currently feel like I've been repeatedly kicked down stairs :smile:

Well done Ed, top effort :thumbsup:

OP
OP
E

Edwardoka

Someone I occasionally cycle with at weekends did it under 6hrs, avergae speed of 18.1mph. Seemed like quite a decent time!

Aye, that is a very good time, I did it in 07:12:18 :cry:

I reckon that if I lost 3-4 stone but kept my power output at the same level I could probably take an hour out of yesterday's time without extra effort. If only I didn't like food so much... :mrpig::hungry:

MrGrumpy

Huge Member

I reckon that if I lost 3-4 stone but kept my power output at the same level I could probably take an hour out of yesterday's time without extra effort. If only I didn't like food so much... :mrpig::hungry:

Well just had a health check at work and I need to lose a couple fo stone! Should help with the hills! Apparently my ideal weight is 73Kg!! :eek: So need to shift 20 Kg first lol.

Well there's your sub 8 hour time! Well done, the Duke's Pass and Crow Road can be challenging - particularly the latter towards the end of the ride.

I was stationed right at the start, manning the "gate" to the safety briefing. It's police instructions that no more than 12 (ish) riders should go at once so it can take a while to get everyone through. Hope you didn't have to wait too long.

Top Bottom