Scotland : Stirling & The Trossachs AMR Trossachs Ton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
E

Edwardoka

Well there's your sub 8 hour time! Well done, the Duke's Pass and Crow Road can be challenging - particularly the latter towards the end of the ride.

I was stationed right at the start, manning the "gate" to the safety briefing. It's police instructions that no more than 12 (ish) riders should go at once so it can take a while to get everyone through. Hope you didn't have to wait too long.
I didn't have to wait long at all at the start (< 5 minutes) and it really makes a lot sense to stagger the releases. Riders tended to cluster together into groups of similar ability once on the open road out of Stirling anyway so the extra safety at the start is worth the slight delay.

You must have been bored of hearing the safety briefing by the time everyone had rolled through!

You must have been bored of hearing the safety briefing by the time everyone had rolled through!

I certainly was!

Glad you didn't have to wait long; everyone's good natured about it but anxious to hit the road.

It was a great day though. I think everyone enjoyed themselves but the state of some of the roads is shocking!

Top Bottom