Amstel Gold Coverage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Anyone going to follow this on Sunday?

The official site is using data from GPS chips mounted on the bikes to show where every racer is in real time - more details here.

There's also a decent (if slightly oddly translated, I'm not reading in the original Dutch :angry: ) column on the site written by the race's course director.

Mortiroloboy

Sky will have it on, I'll watch the hour of coverage it'll get.

User259iroloboy said:
Sky will have it on, I'll watch the hour of coverage it'll get.

Surely you mean Eurosport, rather than Sky?

It seems that British Eurosport are showing highlights after the race, rather than live coverage. Coverage runs from 17:00 to 18:30 on British Eurosport, immediately followed by more cycling coverage (not sure which - Digiguide still says British Premier Cycling, but my Sky EPG states some minor French racing)

User259iroloboy said:
OK, Eurosport then, as delivered to my TV by Sky,, from a satellite, in space...;) Phfft!

That will teach you to use company names as generic descriptions. I bet you don't Hoover your carpet!

By the way, the additional racing to be shown after the coverage of Amstel Gold is 'Action from the 2008 French Road Cycling Cup with highlights of the Tro-Bro Leon, the Tour of Leon held in Finistere, Bretagne'* - 18:30 on British Eurosport on Sunday 20 April.

*as stated on the SKY EPG tonight

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
International Eurosport on analogue satellite (as often is the case) does a little better:

Amstel Gold 13:15 - 15:00 GMT i.e. 14:15 - 16:00 BST
Coupe de France 15:00 - 15:30 GMT i.e. 16:00 - 16:30 BST

I know from experience how 'flexible' Eurosport times can be so I'll be recording straight through from 13:00 - 17:00 BST.

girofan

ColinJ said:
International Eurosport on analogue satellite (as often is the case) does a little better....I know from experience how 'flexible' Eurosport times can be so I'll be recording straight through from 13:00 - 17:00 BST.

Yep! Especially if the World Tiddlywinks Championship is taking place.:wacko:

Top Bottom