Amsterdam B&B with space for trikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Can anyone recommend a B&B in Amsterdam with secure storage for a trike or two?

I'm assuming that most places will have secure parking for bikes, but the trike (with fairing) is a little larger.

snorri

Legendary Member
Not sure if you would be interested in a hostel?
There are three Stayok hostels around Amsterdam.
I stayed in the Appeldoorn Stayok recently and my bike was in a big shed, plenty of room for a trike, and they served a good breakfast. I can't remember the cost, which usually means the cost was reasonable.
Might be worth a look!

www.Stayok.com

Domestique

Über Member
'Vrienden op de Fiets'

Does anyone know if these are established B&B's that have listed themselves in the guide, or is it staying in someones house who happens to like cycling?
Recently whilst we where in Holland I happened to notice a sign with the loggo on a building in Zandvort and it looked like a private residence.
We are thinking of using them on a trip to Belguim we have planned

Fietslogies

How big was that sign ? All hosts got some vinyl stickers to post somewhere.
To my experience, most families do it on a small scale with one or two rooms. But there are exceptions and there do also exist commercial b&b's who do allow cyclists -if member of 'Vrienden op de Fiets'- to stay there at the basic price. However, in that case I can imagine you won't get the 'royal suite with jacuzzi' ... :angry:
Some hosts present a room / flat / studio with separate entrance and more comfort by using the description 'apart gedeelte', and while making your reservation by phone, it's not forbidden to ask some questions about the room, in case you're looking for the best offer in the city :sad:

Domestique

Über Member
How big was that sign ?

It was only small, no bigger than 500mm x 500mm, as I mentioned it was pure chance we saw it having stopped to read the map.

thanks for the info, we would prefer to stay with people who have some interest in cycling as we will be travelling to and from Belguim by bike, rather than run of the mill B&B's :biggrin:

Brains

Legendary Member
We stayed here in Amsterdam
A low budget, but very good for the price hotel

http://www.hotelvanonna.nl/

They have a secure room/garage for bikes next to the hotel, it would easily take a trike, in fact you could get a small car into the space

Top Bottom