Amsterdam hotel recommendations, please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dav1d

Although there were no secure cycle spaces, the Hotel Sphinx is pretty cheap if you can find any secure parking nearby (though no lifts, and we had four flights of stairs to walk up! It cost us around 10 Euros I think in March (probably a little higher at this time of year). You get a self-service breakfast included, only bread, ham, cheese and orange/tropical juice though), maybe an option if you can find secure parking space? Or rent a bike? Didn't go to Amsterdam for a cycling holiday, just went with my brother, sister and her bf. We did hire bikes though (the cahin came off my Macbike which resulted in a 20 minute wait while one of their hire places put it back on - it was encased in a guard so not easy access).

Ben Lovejoy said:
I'm doing a London to Amsterdam ride in June, and am looking for a reasonably-priced hotel with secure cycle parking.

Any recommendations?

Ben

OP
OP
CopperBrompton

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Yes, more than happy to do that if anyone has recommendations. Getting into the city is easy by bike or tram.

OP
OP
CopperBrompton

CopperBrompton

€162 for two nights, though, so I'd go for the Citizen M if we had to pay that kind of money.

GrahamG

Guru
I was going to make Mr Paul's suggestion. I recently stayed here without bike:
http://www.hostelbookers.com/hostels/netherlands/amsterdam/50414/

Rooms are enormous so you could just store your bikes in the room as long as it's the first floor apartment. Speak to Mark (?) who runs it, he's extremely laid back and check that you're OK to keep bikes in there. It's a great location, although traffic can be a bit noisy on the road outside, there's a fridge in the room, shared bathroom and kitchen (only two or three apartments/rooms there to share with though), tram stop just yards away and a coffee shop about 50 yards away (a good bit cheaper here than the coffee shops in town if you're interested in that sort of thing).

OP
OP
CopperBrompton

CopperBrompton

Ok, sorted! Phoned Tourist Info in Amsterdam and they were able to find somewhere that (a) offered secure bicycle parking and (:ohmy: had availability. :-)

I'll post the details once my so-far only co-rider has booked, and will report back on it after the trip.

Many thanks for all the suggestions.

Top Bottom