Amusing bike lane confusion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
The Spirit of Malmesbury / Brother Elmer

I'm after 30% of your business and 10% commission Purdyboytim !! :blush: :smile:

Nice site BTW

Can you be sure that was a genuine mistake? Are you sure he didn't see the line of traffic and think, I know a way to get past that. Then as he sprinted across he noticed his way was blocked by a 'damn cyclist'. Then he thought he'd better look sheepish, just so it looked like a mistake.

Can you tell I am a glass half full kinda guy when it comes to drivers....:blush:

OP
OP
PrettyboyTim

PrettyboyTim

Well, as there's a raised seperation between the path and the road, he would have found himself in a tricky situation!

I'm sure it was an honest mistake - he looked rather sheepish and apologised as I went past...

OP
OP
PrettyboyTim

PrettyboyTim

Elmer Fudd said:
The Spirit of Malmesbury / Brother Elmer

I'm after 30% of your business and 10% commission Purdyboytim !! :blush: :smile:

Nice site BTW

Brother Elmer of Malmesbury was an 11th century monk who reportedly built himself some wings and tried to fly them by jumping off the abbey tower. He is meant to have flown around 200 yards before something went horribly wrong and he fell from the sky, breaking both legs. Undaunted, he decided his error was to have omitted a tail and he planned to fly a new, revised device but his Abbot forbade him from every doing such flight experiments again.

I always find the idea that we came so close to achieving flight so early on tantalising. Imagine if Elmer had been allowed to continue and had developed aviation further!

Top Bottom