Amy Winehouse

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mortiroloboy

I have got both of her albums, without doubt she is a highly talented singer/songwriter, but as is often the case with talent it goes hand in hand with a troubled mind. Right now she has got her self in a complete mess, she has seemingly rejected the help of her parents. Hopefully she will get professional help in rehabilitation that she so obviously needs.

FFIW she doesn't sound like a constipated chicken,(whatever that sounds like) but does have a voice similar to the Late Great Billie Holiday.

Blonde is so not her though!

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
User259iroloboy said:
FFIW she doesn't sound like a constipated chicken,(whatever that sounds like)
Probably sounds a lot like Kate Nash...

I hope she sorts herself out. I don't really see what her earning loads of cash has to do with anything other than the fact it's helped her to get more messed up more quickly than she would otherwise have done. If she's lucky it might also help her sort herself out more quickly as well.

Dannyg said:
Personally I'm glad she has - assuming she has really recognised she has a major drug problem, and it is not just a PR stunt.

She has a lot of talent but will probably be dead in a few years if she doesn't get herself sorted out.

Traditional way of boosting record sales and ensuring your place in posterity!

Abitrary

I think that people actually liking her music, is more liking the fact that they realise that they don't hate something they'd usually hate rather than actually liking it.

I think it's cack, and I hope she stays in rehab forever if we don't have to pretend to like it / listen to it anymore.

longers

Legendary Member
I don't like her but I wish a speedy recovery and hopefully a successful and happy career in mime, somewhere else.

Keith Oates

Janner
I've never heard her music and seen a picture of her, but anyone stupid enough to take drugs needs help and I hope she can get over the problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Abitrary

longers said:
I don't like her but I wish a speedy recovery and hopefully a successful and happy career in mime, somewhere else.

I think the illness is the media. Celebs before Amy and Britney were banging 10 times that many drugs 50 or even 80 years ago.

If I wanted to be famous, my main impetus would be top quality draw... not all the time, but I'd know I could get it when I wanted and wouldn't be ripped off.

This is going to turn off kids wanting to become musicians or actors.

cannondale boy

Über Member
Shes only got herself to blame for this one...don't like her, wouldn't buy her album because it sounds too much like her life story (which is damn right depressing). All the best for her when she leaves REHAB. ;)

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I like her songs and voice but I don't have to like her. I might not want to spend an evening down the pub with Bob Dylan for instance and don't start me on that arrogant, nauseating git Mozart:biggrin:

Top Bottom