An Apollo Voyager Bicycle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
As I said in my previous post, I wouldn't say "don't buy", it just isn't the bargain it appears to be.

I used to have an Apollo Meltdown for a similar length commute a few years back and although it wasn't particularly nice to ride it did the job okay.

To its credit, it survived 3 years on the route plus a few leisure rides before it wore to the point that it was uneconomical to repair.

Steve79

Thanks guys, has reassured me a bit and yes Ian, as you also mention I would feel nervous leaving a new, expensive, bike at the train station all day!

I guess my advantage is at the moment I don’t have any other bike experience to compare it to. Maybe in six months time I will move onto a better, more expensive, more comfortable bike and wonder how I ever put up with the bike I have now!

Anyway thanks for the replies everyone.

gort

Hi Guys.

Only went into Halfords for a puncture repair outfit today, and bought the bike mentioned above, it didn't have a price on it, the young guy said that it was only assembled a few days ago, and they didn't know they had it in the back of the store room.
he looked on the data base and the price is £50!
I'm not normally into impulse buying, but thought it must be a bargain at that price.
just need it to go to the shops on, so wont be traveling far (a mile@ most)

Top Bottom