An e-bay n+1.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Miles cannot be done unless moving!
Location
Costa Clyde.
Won the e-bay auction for this last night:
trek_RHS.jpg


It is a Trek 6500 SLR, exactly the same model, colour and size as the MTB that I owned about 3 years ago, but stupidly I sold it to my brother at a knock down price to help finance the purchase of my then new Tricross.

Looking forward to going and picking it up this evening, even if it is a bit of a "trek" to get to the seller near Stirling. I just hope it is as good as the photos on e-bay represent it.
 

apollo179

Well-Known Member
Probably be better than you expect - looks ok. What did you win it for.
 
OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Miles cannot be done unless moving!
Location
Costa Clyde.
The sunburst paint job was certainly one of the attractions, I think it looks fantastic!

As a result of this acquisition, I am now trying to sell my Scott Aspect 45 MTB, as per this thread on the For Sale board......

https://www.cyclechat.net/
 
OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Miles cannot be done unless moving!
Location
Costa Clyde.
Had a 30 mile ride on the new toy today, after tweaking it to my personal needs! It didn't need much work doing to it, just some fine tuning of the gears, re-positioning the brake levers and gear shifters; fitting the CatEye computer, changing the saddle etc...

Thoroughly enjoyed the ride today but couldn't help noticing that there was a bit of notchiness coming through the cranks. Took them off and found that the bottom bracket is shot. Not badly, but enough to be annoying so I have ordered a new one from ChainReaction. If that's all it needs, then I reckon I got a good deal! :smile:
 
Top Bottom