1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An Odometer (I think thats what you call them?)

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by Kovu, 25 Aug 2007.

1. Kovu

Kovu Über Member

I'm considering buying myself an odometer (I think that is what you call them, the things that measure how fast you go etc)?

But I am unsure of the market and what to look for? Any tips?

Thanks as always ;)

2. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Legendary Member

Look here-

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Geargurl-C...s-GPS_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ17QQftidZ2QQtZkm

I've never found anywhere cheaper, with the exchange rate as it is n'all.

IMO the Cateye range are the most reliable and practical.

3. HJ

HJ Cycling in Scotland

Most of us call them cycle computers, there is a wide range out there, from the simple to the highly multifunctional. I personally prefer the VDO C4. A word of warning, they can become addictive, you can become slave to the machine...

4. Maggot

Maggot Star of BBC 5Lives Ballot Box Brigade

Simply buy 3 packs of Kelloggs cereals, and send away for the free one. No p&p either. My kids have them on their bikes and we have a cupboard full of cornflakes:blush:

5. John Ponting

John Ponting Über Member

less than £10 in LIDL this week
    also
    Heart rate monitor for less than £10.

May not be the best but give you a cheap option to see what facilities you really want.

and TESCO had some in at Hatfied.

6. Hugo15

Hugo15 Über Member

Agree with Mister Paul, go for a Cateye.

I would also recommend going for a wired one rather than wireless. Seem to be more reliable IMHO.

7. Pete

Pete Guest

Until you snag the wire on something, that is ;)...! I have one elderly wired one (about 10 years old), which occasionally stops working owing to rainwater getting in at the hole where the wire emerges; and one VDO wireless one (with digital signal - doesn't seem to be any problem with interference from other cyclists' computers). Personally I'd stay with VDO in the future. It depends what your budget is: VDO do a full range, the difference is the number of functions you get...

8. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Legendary Member

www.dotbike.com

is the place for VDO computers. Very helpful, and free postage.