An Odometer (I think thats what you call them?)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.


Über Member
I'm considering buying myself an odometer (I think that is what you call them, the things that measure how fast you go etc)?

But I am unsure of the market and what to look for? Any tips?

Thanks as always ;)


Cycling in Scotland
Auld Reekie
Most of us call them cycle computers, there is a wide range out there, from the simple to the highly multifunctional. I personally prefer the VDO C4. A word of warning, they can become addictive, you can become slave to the machine...
less than £10 in LIDL this week
Heart rate monitor for less than £10.

May not be the best but give you a cheap option to see what facilities you really want.

and TESCO had some in at Hatfied.


Until you snag the wire on something, that is ;)...! I have one elderly wired one (about 10 years old), which occasionally stops working owing to rainwater getting in at the hole where the wire emerges; and one VDO wireless one (with digital signal - doesn't seem to be any problem with interference from other cyclists' computers). Personally I'd stay with VDO in the future. It depends what your budget is: VDO do a full range, the difference is the number of functions you get...
Top Bottom