and I would ride a thousand miles...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nebulous

Guru
With apologies to the proclaimers- but I have just broken 1000 miles for the year.

I had big plans this year, but life intruded and I'm chasing that red line on my cycling log, as it gradually moves away and mocks me. Nevertheless 1000 miles is a mark worth celebrating.

What a ride it was as well. I did quite a few miles in the previous couple of weeks, but haven't got out this week at all. We went away camping on Saturday and I had to get home for work tomorrow, so cycled home, with a backpack carrying some of my essential kit. The legs were really on fire, though it probably helped that I started up Deeside, so lost some altitude along the way. Ride with gps makes it 1671 feet up and 2189 feet down. I even got clocked by two policemen with a speed gun!

Peteaud

Veteran
Well done :cheers:

D

Deleted member 1258

I've also just gone over the 1000 mile mark, I've been off the bike due to illness so its a bit late, I'd normally go over 1000 miles sometime in march, but its nice to see it on the computer, it means I'm getting back to normal.

Part time cyclist

Über Member
Well done I was hooping to have reached my 1000 miles by now but due to work commitments over the last two weeks and for the next two weeks I haven't been able to get out :sad:

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
My cycle went over the 1000 miles today, got the computer last August. considering i did not do much for about a month at the begginning of the year.
milometer.jpg

MattHB

Proud Daddy
Well done!

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Well done! I've fallen behind my target a little - 100 miles/week, or 5000 for the year. I missed it by just 7 miles last year!

OP
OP
N

Nebulous

Guru
Just a quick update on this - we went away in the van yesterday, I took my bike, got up early this morning and cycled home to get ready for work. That has taken me past the 2000 miles mark for the year.Yet another ride from a campsite with a backpack.

So a bit quicker than the previous 1000. The race is now on to catch that red line!

Xiorell

Über Member
feeling like crap has kept me off the bike today, keep thinking I should go out for a quick blast as it might perk me up but then what's the point if I don't have the energy to tackle anything more than a mole hill.
Nice going though mate

Top Bottom