and in direct contrast with Y2Blades thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buggi

Bird Saviour
i picked up my first MTB last night...

why would anyone buy one of these to ride on the road! it's like riding a tractor. also, mine has flat pedals and i keep trying to unclip! LOL:giggle: i can see myself going arse over tit when i'm on road bike and i forget to unclip

one thing i did notice is cars gave me a wider berth. could have been a fluke or could have been the wide handle bars and the more sitting up position.

and damn... it's heavy!

Moodyman

Legendary Member
They are comfy though over our pot-holed roads. I have one for running local errands and its great for hopping over speeds bumps and cobbled roads.

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
that is true it was a comfy ride home but man, so much effort LOL. well should build up those leg muscles, always a silver lining. and now i don't have to be "support driver" on off road rides anymore.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Hard work! Slow? Heavy? What on earth are you talking about? When the MTB comes out to play the grin factor goes up tenfold. I've been doing some commutes on my MTB recently and instead of 30-35 minutes to do 10.5 miles by roadbike I am doing an hours worth of hooliganism on the 13 mile trip but loving every yard of it. I do spend a considerable amount of that hour airborne but it's a small price to pay :wahhey:

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
Yes, I am looking forward to going up and down a few pavements and being generally annoying to motorists. Well, it's not like they don't all tar us with the same brush anyway... and if you can't beat em...

I have got a pic but I can't upload it (file too big... that's what you get for having a HD smart phone!). It's a Scott Aspect (the one that is black and white and cost £499. I have no idea whether its good or not in the world of mtb's, I bought it was one of two in the shop that fitted my price range (bit of haggling brought it near the £400 mark) and I like the colour. My road bike is Scott and I love it so why not have a Scott MTB :smile:

y2blade

. My road bike is Scott and I love it so why not have a Scott MTB :smile:

Nothing wrong with this. My MTB is a GT, as is my road bike and my hybrid.

Same.
I have always liked Specialized..have had my trusty MTB (HardRock sport) for over 10years, it's been 100% faultless......I knew straight away what brand I'd be buying when I was looking for a Roadbike.

Top Bottom