and the difference is....?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
On some of the junctions, they're trialling different crossings. On some they had cyclists going across on chevron marked lanes in front of a zebra crossing for pedestrians, whilst on others the cyclists and pedestirans were on the same path but marked with white lines. The effect was it meant it wasn't at all clear who had right of way - me in the car, or the cyclist crossing in front of me.

Bear in mind I was driving round the roundabout fairly slowly whilst being fully aware of the cyclists and having a pro-cycling attitude - White Van Man would have been more aggressive.

I made the point very clear to them, if all motorised traffic went round the roundabout at 10-15 mph, then it could work - any higher speeds and they'll end up with dead cyclists.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
http://discovery.ucl.ac.uk/4642/1/4642.pdf

I know. It's kind of a trudge, but worth the effort. Because, if you look at where this roundabout is taking us...........

(how the author thinks the Redways are a success is beyond me - I've written to him and asked)

(oh, and why? I'm working on a building in MK and it doesn't hurt to try and get in to the heads of the planners, who, rather like the LCC, cling to the outward forms of a long-redundant creed)

Top Bottom