And the Nobel prize for literature goes to ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
[QUOTE 4985899, member: 259"]I liked that one, but I like detective stories.[/QUOTE]

I do too, the only one I struggle with is The Unconsoled. You really have to concentrate to keep track of what's going on, and even then it's not entirely clear!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
When We Were Orphans?

[QUOTE 4985899, member: 259"]I liked that one, but I like detective stories.[/QUOTE]

Yes, that;s the title I think.
I thought it degenerated towards the end but I admire his efforts to tackle different genre. And it's rare that you like every bit of every artists palmares.

I'm just a little disappointed that my posts on CycleChat are never considered - I can only assume it's a political decision.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
There's a primary school in Bristol which can claim two Nobel Prizes for Physics, which is more than some countries. The pupils were Peter Higgs and Paul Dirac. For the non-physicists here Dirac is right up there with Einstein and Newton.

petek

Über Member
IMG_4471.JPG
Clear winner IMO..

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
The Remains of the Day is one of my all-time favourite books ever. Never got round to reading any of his other stuff, although I've got a copy of An Artist of the Floating World knocking around somewhere. Maybe I should try it.

Remains of the Day is my favourite of his out of those I've read (The Remains of the Day, An Artist in the Floating World, When We Were Orphans, The Buried Giant). They are all about unreliable memory and people slowly realizing they have been deceiving themselves. They are all a bit slow. His later books are a bit weird. The Remains of the Day is not a good book to read if you want to avoid a midlife crisis.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
[QUOTE 4986951, member: 259"]That's nothing. Alvin Stardust went to mine.[/QUOTE]

Cecil Parkinson went to mine

booya

Top Bottom