And the Nobel prize for literature goes to ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Cool? Maybe. Who knows what goes through the minds of the committee. Perhaps they want to be seen as more relevant to society today.

The whole thing is a farce from start to finish .
He should never have got it in the first place.
A minimal talent who wants to be the awkward constant rebel by refusing.Did we not see it coming ?
I give up.

Reactions: srw

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
welsh.jpg

C'mon Irvine, spare us the mealy-mouth evasions...give it to us straight

Shortandcrisp

Über Member
Not sure how to interpret this. Is a nominee asked if he/she wants to be considered for the prize before they're added to the list.
Dylan had no truck with those who called him a protest singer or a poet. When asked he said, "I'm just a song and dance man."
Might be how he feels now, who knows.

Having said which, someone who comes up with the following thoroughly deserves the honour imo:

"Gonna fall in love with the first woman I meet,
Put her in a wheelbarrow and wheel her down the street."

Levo-Lon

Guru
He is getting on a bit...but he still dont care what anyone thinks...move along ...

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LhpSL0xaTlY

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
At the risk of stating the bleedin' obvious, he doesn't get paid for rebelling; he gets paid for his music. Rebelling, per se, is not well paid.
It's not the music that's brought his wealth, it's the whole package of music, show, attitude and pseudo-rebellious positioning. Being a rebel is not well paid. Being a carefully calibrated showman, backed by a publicity machine playing up a rebellious image has worked well for him. As it has for many commercial musicians.

Top Bottom