Android phone question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The api for contact tracing does not use or store location.
thanks for the info - I was talking about apps in general - many do ask for/have as a default permissions which I can see no need for at all. No more than a book I'm reading wanting to know where I am/what I'm wearing etc etc.

edit - it doesn't use location info at all? I had the idea it was supposed to tell you when you had been near someone else of concern? I may be thinking of another app though.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
thanks for the info - I was talking about apps in general - many do ask for/have as a default permissions which I can see no need for at all. No more than a book I'm reading wanting to know where I am/what I'm wearing etc etc.

edit - it doesn't use location info at all? I had the idea it was supposed to tell you when you had been near someone else of concern? I may be thinking of another app though.

It doesn’t use location for that. When in Bluetooth range they just exchange random strings of characters. But it only does this if you’ve installed an approved app such as the NHS contact tracing one, and you haven’t paused it. It doesn’t tell you who you’ve been near of concern. If someone uses an approved app to report positive. The random character strings are compared to see if you need notifying. The whole point of it is that you remain anonymous and no location data is shared.

Asgarde

The Cyclope bike app is good. It allows, in addition to the classic functions of a cycle computer, to connect the cyclists in them. You can know the position of the other runners, have the time difference, communicate by voice like the professionals with their headset.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom