Anecdotal Proof

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
My lad was telling me one of the staff at his school told them this story about his brother and how he was on his bike but wasn't concentrating because he was wearing headphones and ran straight into the back of a van. He spent 4 days in hospital but it could have been a lot worse had he not been wearing a helmet, and that is why you should always wear a helmet.

We've just had a debrief on this piece of genius statement.

Last edited:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I'd want to know what music he was listening to first. The sequence of tracks might have ended with heavy metal, or some other similarly head-banging music.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
my lad was telling me one of the staff at his school told them this story about his brother and how he was on his bike but wasn't concentrating because he was wearing headphones and ran straight into the back of a van. He spent 4 days in hospital but it could have been a lot worse had he not been wearing a helmet, and that is why you should always wear a helmet.

We've just had a debrief on this piece of genius statement.

the more obvious conclusion might be to look where you're f***g going !

OP
OP
threebikesmcginty

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
It might help more if you're available for answers.

The answer is **** off, next question please.

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
At one of the points where I can lock my bike up at work, there is an extractor fan about a foot above it. I like this position, as my bike hides behind the other bikes if I lock up there. One day, I had a half day though, so it was proving a little tricky to get my bike out, due to the fact it was obscured by other bikes. At a particular moment, a frustrated moment, I lifted my head up and smacked it on the corner of the fan unit. Luckily, I was wearing a helmet. All riders should wear a helmet. FACT!

ayceejay

Guru
At one of the points where I can lock my bike up at work, there is an extractor fan about a foot above it. I like this position, as my bike hides behind the other bikes if I lock up there. One day, I had a half day though, so it was proving a little tricky to get my bike out, due to the fact it was obscured by other bikes. At a particular moment, a frustrated moment, I lifted my head up and smacked it on the corner of the fan unit. Luckily, I was wearing a helmet. All riders should wear a helmet. FACT!

See this is the kind of anecdotal evidence that leads to a false conclusion which is 3BM's point.
Perhaps it was the frustration/lack of attention that caused the incident and therefore everone prone to this affliction should wear a helmet just in case - steel toe capped boots too prolly.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
And you weren't cycling, you were extracting your bike. So all people involved with cycle racks should wear helmets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom