Angels No More

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Underpants vendor Victoria's Secrets has sacked it top-ranking, famously tall, hot, skinny models who have reached the catwalk rank of "Angel" ( equiv to an army senior NCO). The anorexic Srgt Majors are apparently surplus to the current political environment so the men who run VS Underpants Corp have replaced them with a "collective" of lesbian footballers, transexuals, Black people and body positive models ( not the fat ones obvs). The men who run VS Underpants are even appointing some women to the board. ( ironing or directors, unclear at the moment)

Are you shocked, surprised, in mourning, joyously celebrating, turning your underpants inside out for another day of wear?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Perhaps they think this woke transformation will result in more sales? Maybe they should ask IKEA.

Drago

Legendary Member
Yes, because seeing a woman who was born a man modelling their wares will really influence my buying decision. Not.

I have no issue with lesbian footballers, transexual women, women of coulour or plus size size women - no beef with them whatsoever. So long as they seek to do no harm to me or mine then I fully supoort people's right to be who they want.

I do, however, object to commercial organisations jumping on the bandwagon of wokery for their own commercial ends. Social statements, virtual signalling, and profit maximisation are incompatible bedfellows - VS could show a water buffallo wearing their products, and that would not change the inescapable truth that their main target market is men buying frilly undies for women, and women buying frilly undies to wear in order to please men, which is itself an inherent contradiction of their ads promoting empowerment.

Victoria's Secrets might do well to recall that recent attempts by large scale organisations to go woke have cost them dear - National Trust have shed 400,000 members, had to make 1500 redundancies and see their chairman ousted by a rebellion of members. M&S food sales collapsed the week they introduced and LGBT sandwich. And just this week Koppaberg sales have dried up in response to a customer boycott over the advertising spat with GB News and vague and their wooly statements about inclusion in an attempt to try and justify their actions. It's akin to Quorn running an ad campaign featuring a factory farm, or maybe CND founding a military wing.

Commercial organisations are in the business of making money, and the public aren't generally stupid enough to think such actions are motivated by anything more than cynicism and a desire to maximise profits by being seen to hitch onto the latest bandwagon. Sadly, time and time again this has been shown to have a negative impact on business, which makes me wonder why they still bother trying. Anyone who thinks a sexy undie manufacturer really gives a sheet about empowering women is daft as a brush - empowering their bottom line is all they care about, and if that means ignoring their own crass hypocrisy then so be it.

BTW, I must for the record stress that I buy Victoria's Secrets stuff for Mrs D, not myself. Indeed, I get my own frilly knickers from Anne Summers :rolleyes:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Underpants vendor Victoria's Secrets has sacked it top-ranking, famously tall, hot, skinny models who have reached the catwalk rank of "Angel" ( equiv to an army senior NCO). The anorexic Srgt Majors are apparently surplus to the current political environment so the men who run VS Underpants Corp have replaced them with a "collective" of lesbian footballers, transexuals, Black people and body positive models ( not the fat ones obvs). The men who run VS Underpants are even appointing some women to the board. ( ironing or directors, unclear at the moment)

Are you shocked, surprised, in mourning, joyously celebrating, turning your underpants inside out for another day of wear?

Everyone knows 'real cyclists' don't wear underpants, anyhows...

But for all other occasions, even if VS had offered the kind of comfort, style, quality, and value , that I'm seeking in an undergarment, it's unlikely I'd have put any business their way.

Given their ickky marketing.:ohmy:

And now they're attempting to add insult to injury by thinking we're stupid enough to swallow this 180" pivot, on what constitutes a suitable clothes model.??

Hmm, sorry guys , still not buying it..

People I know who have bought from them in the past have said their quality has gone downhill in recent years.

So @Drago I'd look out if I were you.
You don't want Mrs D thinking you don't value her in the same way as previously.

Although Tbh the AS offer looks a bit naff too .

--- However in more positive 'undies news'

A friend of a friend runs a bespoke drawers crafting outfit, for all shapes and sizes.

in That There Londin.

Called

"Buttress and Snatch" :becool:

That's where you're better off going.

If you want 'empowerment' and gorgeous drawers for your hard earned spondulicks...

Or indeed, for the well beloved lady in your life..

Personally I prefer to select my own intimate apparel, I'm the one wearing it after all, but each to their own etc etc..

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Fabulous name but £126 for a bra! 😲

Wel yes, but think of all the craftswoman ship, that's gone into it .

Not to mention the precious cargo, contained therein .:wub:

There is an on-going investigation that is linked to Epstein. They are tidying up the place and giving the impression that it is due to PC.

stephec

Legendary Member
Wel yes, but think of all the craftswoman ship, that's gone into it .

Not to mention the precious cargo, contained therein .:wub:
Although when you work out the pounds per minute that it actually costs, considering how long it's in use, it could prove to be rather expensive. 😀

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
There is an on-going investigation that is linked to Epstein. They are tidying up the place and giving the impression that it is due to PC.

Well that does rather subtract, from an already desultory enthusiasm for the brand, I have to say.

:sad:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I think I need to sit down and pour myself a large one now.

Well judging by your avatar.

(I know, I know, one shouldn't be judging..:angel:)

But all the same, pictorially at least , one might infer you were quite the expert on such matters ..

Perhaps you need to reconsider brands, and upgrade to something a little more durable.??

You know what they say

"Buy cheap, buy twice"

Top Bottom