Angled pedals?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

allen-uk

If I use my big flat pedals, my plastic foot being at an angle of about 15 degrees (outwards) isn't a major problem, as I use pedal extenders so I don't hit the frame.

But... if I want to use a cleat/SPD pedal, then the angle IS a problem.

So has anyone here seen a (deliberately) angled pedal? And did it still go round and round!

I CAN compensate for the problem by sitting down, taking off my leg, adjusting the angle of my foot, and riding off again, but it tends to frighten people. (Yes, I can do this in the privacy of my own home, but walking gets hard on the angled foot).

Allen.

buddha

Veteran
Don't know about a pedal. But how about getting a small adaptor plate made up: that bolts to your shoe (through the existing spd holes) and the cleat bolts onto the plate at a 15deg angle?

edit: thinking again - depending on the shoe - it may be possible to do this without the adaptor plate. In all 3 pairs of spd shoes I have the cleat screws into a small metal plate inside the shoe. If you remove the insole you can remove the plate. So, if you slightly modify the plate/sole-of-the-shoe so that the plate can be rotated by 15deg then the problem is solved.:laugh:

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
how about a speedplay frog pedal I think they have almost unlimited float

OP
OP
A

allen-uk

Thanks Buddha, 4F, both good ideas. I'd no idea those Frog pedals existed! But they might well do the job. I'll try and get a look at them.

Allen.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Looking at that link they state they have only been used for 1 year so should be fine. If anything it will be the cleat the wears out rather than the pedal.

Top Bottom