Anglet airport to St Jean-pied-de-port

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jay clock

Massive member
Hi Sean, not exactly but did fly in there with the bike and spent a night in Biarritz. I also lived near there for a year and wherever you go is lovely cycling

The airport is tiny and navigating is easy if you have the Michelin 1:150k map (yellow one) or see here www.viamichelin.com and print it out

The road looks like you can wiggle parallel to the D932 (north of Ustaritz) then from Cambo stick to the D918.

see here for my trip to Biarritz http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/?o=3Tzut&doc_id=1679&v=2V and other trips too

bof

Senior member. Oi! Less of the senior please
There's a road that runs close to the coast. It's urban with lots of lights and things, but the traffic's slow, so its OK. You could make a nicer ride with an inland loop.

There's a big Decathlon quite near the airport - cant remember exactly where check the website- worth a poke around before you fly home

OP
OP
S

seano

Thanks Jay and bof. I have a feeling the first days to Zaragosa region are going to test me at 100K per day. for that reason I need to try and put in a couple of shorter ones for starters. Hense the reason for Anglet to St.Jean on day of arrival. I was thinking along your lines Jay except D932 and 918 only. Would like to arrive before 8.p.m. which gives me 3hours to cover the 50k, wondering what the terrain is like, not that it makes much difference ...it has to be done!!
regards
Sean

bof

Senior member. Oi! Less of the senior please
My error - I read St Jean de Luz into it. The main D route to St J PP is fairly flat and after Cambo Les Bains fairly quiet.

Top Bottom