Angry Dad

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonj2

Arch said:
That doesn't mean the kid won't remember that day. I have friends who had fathers like that unfortunately, and they can recall lots of events, in painful detail.

The guy will get his punishment when the kid doesn't want to know him in later life. Alas, the kid may well be permanently damaged in the process.

at least he wasn't hitting him.

Arch

Married to Night Train
bonj said:
at least he wasn't hitting him.

There's things just as bad as being hit bonj. Mental cruelty is still cruel. And conveniently leaves no easily visible scars to give the game away, so often goes undetected.

Not that being hit is a 'good' option, obviously. But plenty of people have been messed up by other methods.

Arch

Married to Night Train
barq said:
That sounds nasty. (And probably none to pleasant for you Longers.)

The kid was being bad, no doubt about it and he was hitting a young woman in the group (who turned out to be his mother). She swept him up off the ground, wrenched his arm behind his back and bent his hand backwards. The kid started screaming and crying, while she was shouting "Hurts doesn't it? Now say "sorry mummy"!".

The rest of the family including older folks (grandparents?) all seemed totally cool with this. It was quite clear the woman was causing the kid pain, although I don't think she left any physical damage.

Sounds like someone with no idea how to discipline a child so it never gets to that stage. Alas, it sounds like the whole family ws the same - and if her parents were like that, that'll be why she is. And the poor kid seems destined to continue the cycle...

People really should have to pass a test to have kids...

On the other hand...

I once walked past a house and I could hear this woman's plaintiff cry from a good 20 yards away.

She was screaming at her entire family "I'm not a human being, I'm just a thing!".

God knows what they had said to her to provoke this response, but I have on occasions known how she felt. It has stuck with me.

gbyers

Arch said:
Sounds like someone with no idea how to discipline a child so it never gets to that stage. Alas, it sounds like the whole family ws the same - and if her parents were like that, that'll be why she is. And the poor kid seems destined to continue the cycle...

People really should have to pass a test to have kids...

People who adopt do. I know two couples who have adopted and the process involves a very rigorous examination over a long period.

Yet anyone can have a child.

col

Legendary Member
I think the sort of people we are dealing with here are lowlifes who do this sort of thing on a daily basis,iv seen it often where they are shouting swear words at the kids,and the kids look very unhappy,they could grow up doing the same thing to their kids,but i think caution is required when you feel like you should intervene,unless the child is danger.Its a sad reality that this type of treatment is the norm in a lot of cases i think,and you may get a reaction that could be dangerous.but if i witnessed something that would put a child in real danger i wouldnt hesitate to do what ever i felt was necessary to make sure the child was safe.

Mr Celine

Discordian
During an interview with a claimant in the DSS office the woman's wee boy was misbehaving. Mother gave him a good skelp, in reply to which he screamed 'Mum you're a bastard'. She looked at him and said 'Who the f*** are you to call anyone a bastard'.

Charming.:thumbsup:

Top Bottom