Anne Kirkbride RIP

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
glenn forger

glenn forger

medium_SBgSuTzg3rz487a2csCzOHdwvIDobF0ZLO0bNES0npQ.jpg

http://www.itv.com/coronationstreet/news/anne-kirkbride

It is with great sadness that David Beckett has confirmed tonight that his beloved wife and Coronation Street actress Anne Kirkbride has passed away peacefully in a Manchester hospital after a short illness.

David and the programme's cast and crew are heartbroken and deeply saddened at the loss of Anne who has been a Coronation Street icon for 44 years.

"There are no words to describe the sense of grief we feel at Anne's passing," said Executive Producer Kieran Roberts. "We know only too acutely how much Anne meant to the millions of people who watched her create the legendary character of Deirdre Barlow.

"She will be greatly missed by the Coronation Street team who share happy memories of working with her. We feel blessed and honoured to have known her. Our thoughts are with David and their family."

spen666

Legendary Member
Amazed she was only 60 if she was in Corrie 44 years.

That means she joined at age of 16. I never realised she was that young when she joined.

My thoughts are with Ken and Tracey at this time.

I blame Eccles, he bunked of Deirdrie's mother, then when Deirdrie takes Eccles in, she dies.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
RIP Anne. I always thought she was older too.

spen666

Legendary Member
A bit of a shock but i thought something was wrong with her being off the programme for months with a feeble story line to cover her absence,
I hadn't notice until this news she was out of the story.

what was the cover story given?

Top Bottom