Annoying Clunking Noise ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Grayduff

Über Member
Help needed PLEASE, as a newbie no nothing at all i am in need of some guidance.Just been for a quick late lunch ride and my bike has developed a clunking noise on or near the pedal/crank.

As i push down with my left foot the noise is more prominent half way down if that makes any sense, I have looked to see if anything is lose but cant feel anything, however to be honest i wouldn`t know what i was looking for any way.

Any help much appreciated :blush:

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
Easy if it has derailleur - ease the chain off the chainset on to the bottom bracket shell, now spin the crank / pedal with your hand to feel / hear the crunch to locate. You probably need a bottom bracket service or replacement.

OP
OP
Grayduff

Grayduff

Über Member
Easy if it has derailleur - ease the chain off the chainset on to the bottom bracket shell, now spin the crank / pedal with your hand to feel / hear the crunch to locate. You probably need a bottom bracket service or replacement.
Is that expensive sounds it ???

OP
OP
Grayduff

Grayduff

Über Member
Could be something as simple as needing grease on the pedal/crank threads.

Hope so ... ;)
Thank you my friend and to all , it was the pedals something so simple but annoying and a tighten up was all that was needed..

Thanks again guys..

^_^

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
Thank you my friend and to all , it was the pedals something so simple but annoying and a tighten up was all that was needed..

Thanks again guys..

^_^

Just one thing. Pedals have different thread directions on each side, so that usually they should not come loose through use. However they can easily be swapped by someone who did not know and then can come loose through use. If I were you I would check. The right one / drive side should tighten clockwise and the left one tighten anti-clockwise.

Top Bottom