annoying cyclists

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by hero of valour, 22 Aug 2012.

1. hero of valour

hero of valour Well-Known Member

...there's this early 40's couple who annoy the hell out of me when i run into them on my way to work....they basically move to the front of the lights, cycle off as quickly as humanly possible and then hold up everyone else....i then have to cycle around them at a time when the traffic allows only for them to do the same thing at the next set of lights (if we hit the same set again)....what do you say to these people???

2. 400bhp

400bhp Guru

It was you in the other thread wasn't it. Go on fess up. :whistle:

Estheroid and RedRider like this.
  3. Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph" A kilogrammicaly challenged woman Moderator

... Good morning ?? ;)

RedRider, deptfordmarmoset and snorri like this.
  4. I have an annoying co*k on a fixed bike who I don't think has ever stopped at a red light in his life, at least not any time I've seen him :angry:
    Then there is 'pavement boy' who I used to see every morning, despite the roads being virtually deserted at 5am :angry:

Only other one I see regularly is a guy that hops onto the pavement at the lights then back on the road 10 yards later :angry:

5. Pauluk

Pauluk Senior Member

If you keep meeting at the next set of lights may be you don't need to over take them. If you were in a car doing the same thing you wouldn't be getting anywhere faster than anyone else you would be just using more petrol. :whistle:

BentMikey, User1314 and gaz like this.
  6. Boris Bajic

Boris Bajic Guest

If another cyclist ran into me, I think I might be the one who had a right to be feel annoyed.

:laugh:

Pat "5mph" likes this.
  7. Boris Bajic

Boris Bajic Guest

But on a more serious note....

I think the best way of annoying cyclists is to post puerile comments on helmet threads.

It works a treat.

What was the question?

jefmcg and Pat "5mph" like this.
  8. Maz

Maz Legendary Member

I'd be annoyed if you ran into me as well!

Pat "5mph" likes this.
  9. Teuchter

Teuchter Über Member

Ask why people like them always stop in front of people like you.

Or just get over it and enjoy the cycle regardless.

10. Reiver

Reiver Ribbit Ribbit

wind down the window of your Audi and shout "Make way for progress"

Miquel In De Rain likes this.
  11. defy-one

defy-one Guest

Be at the front and cycle off quicker, they can't be THAT quick ;-)

Pat "5mph" and Sara_H like this.
  12. Hip Priest

Hip Priest Veteran

Next time it happens, just sit up, light a Gauloises and contemplate the vanity of earthly concerns.

13. There's a constant flow of cyclists on the road on the way to my works, some are two abreast amongst the heavy traffic
    holding me up ... and theres also pedestrians and more cyclists on the cycle path that runs parallel to the road also
    holding me up.
    So i take the mountain bike and do a warp factor 8 past the lot of them on the *grass* between road and cyclepath.

(Got to keep the offroad skills fresh until i hit the forest tracks again).:thumbsup:

Pat "5mph" likes this.
  14. RedRider

RedRider Pulling through

Ha ha. I fart in his direction!

Pat "5mph" likes this.
  15. Bengarbage

Bengarbage Active Member

your too slow :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice