Annoying locks at shops

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
It looks more like a project/product led questionnaire than a 'just curious' questionnaire.

OP
OP
L

LarryG

I was really annoyed so I thought that maybe it would be worth to try to solve it if the same happens for more people

jnrmczip

I was really annoyed so I thought that maybe it would be worth to try to solve it if the same happens for more people
Problem solved bike owners should get a bike lock installed you could chap the door point to your bike they could come lock it up jobs a good yeen. Bonus the now have more customers haha

arch684

Veteran
I get this all the time but its not because I don't have a lock . Its because I don't have any money as I spent it all on bikes . I get really annoyed . Is there anyone else like me ?
if you spent a lot of money on your bike you should buy a lock to protect it

Custom24

Über Member
I think the forum is being too hard on him. I filled in the survey. There is an issue with cycling to the shops and having to carry a decent lock. A shop (or coffee stop, for that matter) that provided a lock or locking mechanism, might be on to something, as long as I trusted the shop and the lock.

Custom24

Über Member
Yes, absolutely. Expanding on the OP's question, "imagine a world where bicycle locks were not a problem for the bicycle owner, but one for the parking provider". Would that model work, at least in some situations?

There is a nice pub a few miles away from me that advertises itself as being "cyclist friendly". But although they don't spit in your face for being lycra clad and sweaty, and will fill your water bottle for you, they don't have any facilities for cyclists as such. I think they are missing a trick.

Custom24

Über Member
I appreciate that someone else providing a lock for you might open themselves to liability of some kind if the bicycle were to be stolen. But that might already be the case if a cycle rack turned out to be not as secure as it looked...

Ern1e

Über Member
I get this all the time but its not because I don't have a lock . Its because I don't have any money as I spent it all on bikes . I get really annoyed . Is there anyone else like me ?
Yes and if it's not a bike then it's something or other for one of them ! I useualy leave my self just enough for a cake lol.

Top Bottom