Annual CycleChat gathering group ride out

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

WychwoodTrev

Have CC ever done a annual gathering ? I was a member of the suzuki sv 1000 owners who had annual gatherings, Each year at differant locations organised by someone local who worked out ride out routes hotels camping. We had 3 groups slow,med,fast, we had organised dinner stops, this normally took place over a long weekend fri meet up get settled in hotel then go for evening meal and a beer, sat up early breakfast and then a 100+ mile ride out. The first one I did was in the lake district had a great weekend riding and made some life long friends its better to meet your cyber buddies in person.

Do you nice ladies and gents this sort of thing could work on here ?

I would be up for organising a annual meet for next year in the Cotswolds if there was enough interest

nantes23

Wychwood Trev,

I am in the process of organising a private group ride (autumn road ride) for this October.(fri 14-sun 16)
The aim is to have a group size (approx 12) for a social 2 day ride including a meet and greet with dinner on the friday evening. I will include accommodation for 2nights,breakfasts and sportive style lunch stops with drinks,vehicle back up,carry luggage,first-aid etc...
I want it to be a bit of a challenge so I reckon 80+ miles each day (sat/sun) with a few little climbs and scenic routes chucked in. Our base is near Swindon and we'll probably cover Dorest/Somerset also in a big loop.
Ultimately my aim is to set up a small business doing regular weekend group rides next year and trying to give good value for money. Something more than what a normal sportive offers.
I am on facebook and have a website if you or any cycling friends might be interested.
I hope that it might be of interest to some CC members on this forum.

the snail

Guru
WT, sounds like a good idea to me :thumbsup:
There was a weekend get-together in Wales a little while back:
https://www.cyclechat.net/
I don't see any reason not to do something similar in the Cotswolds, I'd definitely be up for it.
Somewhere near M4 or paddington/bristol trains would be easy to get to for a lot of members.

Shaun

Founder
I think it would be great to get a big bunch of us together - ride and a picnic - bring the kids along if you like? maybe a couple of differently paced/length rides? tents if people want to stay overnight?

Oooooo the possibilities.

Yup - go for it - just don't forget to let me know when and where, because if there's cake (and there'd better be) I want in!!! :biggrin:

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

OP
OP
W

WychwoodTrev

I must admit I had forgotten about this thread whoops sorry :blush:

But there does seem to be a bit of interest so could be worth doing
after christmas I will do a poll on what might be the best month not during kids summer Hols so tail end of summer might be best,

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
I'm up for it ,, as its a national web site would the midlands be the place to meet sort of in the middle

Top Bottom