Anoraked Wally...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Chuffing hell

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
WHAT A VEG!!

Coming from a former spotter myself, there are just certain things you wouldn't do, and that is one of them, but more worryingly, did anyone else notice the guy with the tripod that was off the edge of the (low) platform and on the ballast?? He was even further across than the guy in question!

It's the absolute zarking brainless twats that gives just about anyone interested in trains a bad name*.

* - Because anyone interested in trains HAS to be a spotter and an anorak and somehow stupid. No, just idiots like those in the films!

Don't be a 'Normal Veg' all your life, learn about what you slag off!!

I'm a former spotter and yet I'm still interested in trains. What's so difficult about that concept!?

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
And for your information Mr Magoo, the definition of a trainspotter is someone who spots and writes down numbers, not someone who simply films them (regardless of how stupidly they act).

So get it right! :laugh::tongue:

The level of ignorance towards this is a bit like that of Motons towards cyclists.

Actually, at least the voiceover (on hearing it again) does make a distinction between Rail Enthusiasts and Trainspotters.
Nice to know at least someone knows!

.....Still staggeringly stupid though, don't get me wrong (and to think, getting mown down by a '170?? oh the ignimony!).

OP
OP
mr Mag00

mr Mag00

rising member
Did i slag anyone off? Hit a nerve have I? I typed 4 words in realtion to the film

I had 2 brothers who were number spotters and for a while i followed in their dark footsteps. we used to go and watch the Bristol to London line for unusual trains and when steam trains came through it was exciting i think the flyscotsman came through once.

he was wearing an anorak and was a wally too factually correct title i think

It wasn't a fkin Inter City....What the feck do the press know about railways?

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
You didn't hit a nerve (partly because I've got none left), it's just the attitude people outside of it all seem to have, and I'm just sick to death of it.
Oh yes, there are idiots out there all right, but we all get tarred with the same brush for it.
It's the kind of thing where people feel they are duty bound to tell you to get a life because they obviously think that they are so much better than yourself and look down their noses at you. Just because you are carrying a tripod through a station (believe me, this has happened to me before, just because I had a tripod in my hand, no camera or anything, just a tripod. I could have been walking ANYWHERE! Unbelievable!).

And everyone slags White Van drivers off for their oafishness too!
Go to a station and you'll REALLY see just how stupid everyone else is too (along with the guy in the film, obviously!).

As for the Flying Scotsman, I can think of FAR better kettles out there!! (oh no, I'm now being a kettle veg!!).:ohmy:

As for the intercity bit, yes, I'd agree, but if was going between two cities, then technically, it was an Intercity! :laugh:

What station was it?

I know they are a bit stupid but I have seen many stupid things during my career by people.So not really surprised anymore.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Yes.

By the way, don't mind me, I think I'm just a Reginald Perin in the making here.

And yes, I did notice than in the latest BBC version, they portrayed it all as if he was traveling into Waterloo with SWT every day, but they then filmed it on the Chiltern where he was going into Mareleybone.

So strike me down for being such a sad Anoraked Wally trainspotter for noticing THAT!! :laugh:

Top Bottom