1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

another 3 golds

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by alecstilleyedye, 27 Mar 2008.

1. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

fantastic! men's team pursuit, women's team sprint, women's individual pursuit.

2. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Good to see that the British team are still a force to reckon with, hope these can also make it to gold in Beijing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe Legendary Member

The team pursuit squad were brilliant, and Chris Hoy looks a good bet for the sprint.

4. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

Hoy had me worried for a bit, Theo Bos is a force to be reckoned with.

Team GB looking good though - 3 in the bag which a few years ago would in itself have seemed unbelievable.

5. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

Did Romero learn her whole interview style from david Millar?

6. longers

longers Veteran

I've seen him getting his arse kicked at Revolution, please don't tell me he wasn't trying ;).

7. Dr Smut

Dr Smut Active Member

I thought Romero's interview was great- she actually revealed some of the stresses of being a top class athlete (rather than the usual platitudes). Emotional. But then Millar's interviews are worth watching, to a point, for the same reason.

8. Haitch

Haitch Flim Flormally

And the week before Bos beat Hoy in Rotterdam. I'm willing to believe those two results were crowd pleasers. But last night was for real.

9. Frazer

Frazer New Member

I was worried when Chris Hoy started celebrating before he got to the line, there was less than half a wheel in it! But great result against Theo Bos. The other guy did great in the 5th-8th place sprint off as well (forgot his name...something Kenny??)

The winners were simply imperious though, the mens pursuit was the best example of track racing I've ever seen I think.

10. yello

yello Guru

I can't see any of the clips since the BBC does not allow access from outside the UK. Maybe has something to do with marketing rights or some such.

11. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

Keep an eye out for Jess Varnish today.

12. Mac66

Mac66 Senior Member

Don't forget world record times as well!

13. geopat

geopat Über Member

+ Chris Hoy....great feat

Now 6 golds

14. stevenb

stevenb New Member

Chris was excellent....he really showed his class tonight....superb discipline too. :becool:

15. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

Great rides tonight from Team GB - Chris, Victoria, the womens pursuit...

Time now to lend your support and join BC!