Another advantage of riding fixed.......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonker

Guru
Had a real squeaky bum moment this morning.
Approaching a mini-roundabout with my new huge lobster gloves on, put my arm out to show I was turning right as there were cars approaching from all directions. Made sure I was avoiding the white-painted centre of the roundabout, reached down to re-grab the bars and, because of the massive gloves, missed and sort of fell against the bars with the inside of my arm and shoulder

Any other bike I would have been off but with the extra stability from my turning legs and the general momentum I managed to salvage the situation.

Luck or benefit of fixed?

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
Had a real squeaky bum moment this morning.
Approaching a mini-roundabout with my new huge lobster gloves on, put my arm out to show I was turning right as there were cars approaching from all directions. Made sure I was avoiding the white-painted centre of the roundabout, reached down to re-grab the bars and, because of the massive gloves, missed and sort of fell against the bars with the inside of my arm and shoulder

Any other bike I would have been off but with the extra stability from my turning legs and the general momentum I managed to salvage the situation.

Luck or benefit of fixed?
Skill!

Top Bottom