Another Bristol Bike thief

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
It seems fair to say that aside from cars, bikes really are thieves best income generators. More valuable than phones (well aside from the new £999 iphones), more easy to steal, just better all round really.
Something needs to be done.

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
Ban the crappy cable locks and "armoured" cable locks that can be cut through in one second, or at least mandate "These are bollocks" labels so people know to use them as cafe rather than leave-all-day locks.

There are standards for a lock you can buy for your front door so that it cannot be opened at will, people should be aware these are not "locks" in a useful sense.

Also mandate convicted bike thieves to have a powerful magnet surgically implanted so they cannot get within two metres of a Sheffield stand.

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
From the article "The Bristol University student said his housemate closed their front door but the latch failed to lock properly"

I'd be having words with my housemate if I was Zach.

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
From the article "The Bristol University student said his housemate closed their front door but the latch failed to lock properly"

I'd be having words with my housemate if I was Zach.
Why? Shouldn't people be entitled to make mistakes without having all their stuff nicked? How many of us have accidentally left our bike lights on, do we deserve to have them stolen too?

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
Why? Shouldn't people be entitled to make mistakes without having all their stuff nicked? How many of us have accidentally left our bike lights on, do we deserve to have them stolen too?

Zach's housemate's 'mistake' has wiped out any chance of Zach claiming on his insurance, so I'd be expecting some compensation for his carelessness. At the very least he should be getting the teas in for the rest of the term...

Shaun

Founder
This guy really does look like bottom-feeding scum:
http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/watch-thief-walk-students-home-35755
Sorry, for some reason, won't embed.
You need the image link, here you go:
Bike-Thief.jpg

I'd say he was lucky to "only" lose the bike, not have the place ransacked. That looks like a busy high street, there are probably places in the UK where you can leave your front door open, but not there.

Imagine if they had taken a computer with an un-backed-up final thesis?

Top Bottom