Another brown trousers moment..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Apologies to Kestevan, but I had my own moment today. Not on the bike, though, in the car heading down to the in-laws.

On the motorway on the middle lane....ok I was a wee bit over 70 (prob 75, I'm not perfect) overtaking a car on the first lane. I happened to glance ahead and at that moment I heard a shreek from my wife. I glance back and the car has started pulling out right in front of me. (My wife says he indicated at the same time as pulling out.

The shreek and the fast approaching car cause me to react, and swerve the car to the right. I then had that horrible feeling when you know you have overcorrected and you can feel the wheels start to 'dig in', so I started correcting and the wheels 'dug in' the other way as well (double swerve). After that I got control back, thank goodness. :wahhey:

As I passed the car now in the second lane with me in the third, he effed and blinded at me. :biggrin::headshake:

A lucky escape for the family I think!

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Was there anything in front of him in the first lane?
I find driving on motorways you can tell if someone is going to pull out by the traffic in front of them. Although sometimes they do some crazy stuff.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

gaz said:
Was there anything in front of him in the first lane?
I find driving on motorways you can tell if someone is going to pull out by the traffic in front of them. Although sometimes they do some crazy stuff.

There was, but he had been sat behind it for a fair while with nothing stopping him from overtaking.

dondare

Über Member
magnatom said:
Apologies to Kestevan, but I had my own moment today. Not on the bike, though, in the car heading down to the in-laws.

On the motorway on the middle lane....ok I was a wee bit over 70 (prob 75, I'm not perfect) overtaking a car on the first lane. I happened to glance ahead and at that moment I heard a shreek from my wife. I glance back and the car has started pulling out right in front of me. (My wife says he indicated at the same time as pulling out.

The shreek and the fast approaching car cause me to react, and swerve the car to the right. I then had that horrible feeling when you know you have overcorrected and you can feel the wheels start to 'dig in', so I started correcting and the wheels 'dug in' the other way as well (double swerve). After that I got control back, thank goodness. :wahhey:

As I passed the car now in the second lane with me in the third, he effed and blinded at me. :biggrin::headshake:

A lucky escape for the family I think!

Is this going to be on youtube?

Top Bottom