...another Cambridge cyclist....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martinclive

Über Member
Hi all
Thought I better join here (mainly so that I can refute any allegations from @misterstan of slowing him down on our commutes - although it is all true!)
I am commuting in from Fenstanton to Cambridge - mostly on the Busway with @misterstan and another friend Jess 2 or 3 times a week and bump in to @kevin_cambs_uk on a regular basis
Riding either a Gary Fisher Triton SS or a late 90s Bianci Mega Pro in summer and managed 3250 miles last year.
Trying to beat 3500 this year - 300 ticked off for Jan so am on the way
Cheers
Martin

Biker Joe

Über Member
Hi and welcome,
I hope you reach your goals.

kedab

Veteran
:welcome: from another kevin, who once lived in cambridge but isn't the same kevin you mention and who now lives about 15 miles ootside of cambridge, so isn't from cambridge at all but can be said to be quite near cambridge :thumbsup:

Hi, would love to live in your area it is so flat compared to all our hills. I have family in Chatteris and Bluntisham.
Welcome :girldance:

OP
OP
martinclive

martinclive

Über Member
Many thanks for all the kind words of welcome - nice start to Feb this morning with a tail wind in
Yeah - no hills but we do have wind - on the same route by best and worst times so far this year are 52 mins and 62 mins due to the wind
See you all on other threads..................

OP
OP
martinclive

martinclive

Über Member
:welcome: from another kevin, who once lived in cambridge but isn't the same kevin you mention and who now lives about 15 miles ootside of cambridge, so isn't from cambridge at all but can be said to be quite near cambridge :thumbsup:
It's complicated isn't it ! Cambridge covers it for most of us even though I am similar distance away to you!!!

jhuk

Regular
Hi Martin

I'm new to the site (and cycling) but hoping to commute from Swavesey to Cambridge a few times a week- I'll wave if I spot you - you'll prob be overtaking me:tongue:

OP
OP
martinclive

martinclive

Über Member
Hi Martin

I'm new to the site (and cycling) but hoping to commute from Swavesey to Cambridge a few times a week- I'll wave if I spot you - you'll prob be overtaking me:tongue:
Hi and welcome
You will not regret it -i started back cycling 18 months ago and have dropped 2 stone and made a bunch of new friends! There are a few of us (some on here some not) using the bus way regularly from the north to various parts of town so you will be in good company.
Just say hi to everyone and you will find the friendly ones pretty quickly (a bit easier now it is getting light)
Best of luck
Martin (red rucksack - green bike (or old bianci in summer))

Top Bottom