Another Carlton ProAm Project

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Did a swap for the Ray Swinnerton i had for this Carlton with Fred in the shed on Retrobike . Just need to re assemble it , and need to decide on whether to use the campag chainset and later wheels it came with or not?

Even tempted to try a set of tubs and sprint wheels with large flange hubs I have.

No rush as I have a Grubb to finish first.

WP_20141102_001.jpg
WP_20141102_002.jpg

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Very nice, I'd keep as is just clean, grease and rebuild/re-cable then fit leather Brooks bar tape. :biggrin:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Whatever happened to the fashion for large flange hubs? When I had my first drop bar bike I couldn't wait to change the small flange hubs for Campag L/Fs. Similarly with tubs, what a pain they were to repair, cutting the thread with a razor blade and sewing them up.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
well this has finally got to the front of the Work In Progress pile and just needs cables and tyres so should be finished this week

midlife

Guru
Another Carlton arises :smile:

Just a quick question, where do you buy your cables from? My inexhaustible supply of Milremo inner cables is almost exhausted.

Thanks

Shaun

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@midlife that is a tough one, sometimes I use Wilkinson ones and never had any issues with them, then when Clarks are on offer anywhere I buy a few sets oh and jagwire sets on e bay £6

Top Bottom