Another Hello from Cardiff

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Greenflash

Been riding, trashing, fixing, restoring bikes for 40+ years.
Haven't bought a new bike for nearly twenty, great abundance of "fixer uppers" in this area and a garage full of spares.
Current pack of 11 "mongrels" and a tandem.
Daily commuter and fine weather tourist.
Used to do more energetic cycling up and down mountains, through mud baths etc. but my elbows won't let me now. No spares for those.

Have been reading forums for a couple of weeks and thought it was time I stuck my oar in...

Pontprennau

Been riding, trashing, fixing, restoring bikes for 40+ years.
Haven't bought a new bike for nearly twenty, great abundance of "fixer uppers" in this area and a garage full of spares.
Current pack of 11 "mongrels" and a tandem.
Daily commuter and fine weather tourist.
Used to do more energetic cycling up and down mountains, through mud baths etc. but my elbows won't let me now. No spares for those.

Have been reading forums for a couple of weeks and thought it was time I stuck my oar in...

Hello!!! Pontprennau area here and enjoying finding more tracks/patch to cycle on!!

OP
OP
G

Greenflash

Hi. Based over in Whitchurch. There are great rides around your way, Rudry, Van up and over Caerphilly mountain. All around Wentloog/Marshfield area. Pleased to hear you have taken up cycling, Cardiff is blessed with many excellent facilities and routes. (BTW I read your post about looking for a new bike, could I encourage you to try one of the local bike shops, Don Skene, Braddocks, Damian Harris, The Bike Shed. Tredz is OK, but they are Jacks!

Pontprennau

Hi. Based over in Whitchurch. There are great rides around your way, Rudry, Van up and over Caerphilly mountain. All around Wentloog/Marshfield area. Pleased to hear you have taken up cycling, Cardiff is blessed with many excellent facilities and routes. (BTW I read your post about looking for a new bike, could I encourage you to try one of the local bike shops, Don Skene, Braddocks, Damian Harris, The Bike Shed. Tredz is OK, but they are Jacks!

I've been to Don Skene for a look, Reg Braddicks too. I bought a saddle at Tredz and being from Pembrokeshire I don't mind Jacks and they don't mind me :smile: Caerphilly mountain sounds interesting never thought about heading that way!!

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Welcome to both Greenflash and Pontprennau from a Barry cyclist.

Cardiff has some great bits for cycling and some nightmares such as Wstern Avenue and Cowbridge Road at afternoon rush hour as I foolishly attempted once :ohmy:

In the informal rides forum there is a thread about South Wales Cyclechatters rides.Next one starts Chepstow 9th Oct 1000am if your interested.Previous get togethers have been on the Gower and Llandovery area.

I have used mostly Tredz and Sunset MTB out of the Cardiff bike shops, found them both pretty helpfull.

Top Bottom