Another I finally finished....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
1987 Raleigh Technium 480 built from a frameset I got off Ebay several years ago, put up in the garage rafters and basically forgot about. Just wrapped it up today.
Shimao RSX 3X7 drivetrain.

The original Ebay ad picture.....

s-l1600 (15).jpg

As of earlier today, nice ride but not a keeper.

IMG_0166 30%.jpg

IMG_0168 30%.jpg

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Very nice

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
25 In./62cm, normal size. ^_^
That is a BIG bike compared to my puny little 23 in/58 cm ones. :whistle:

This is why I say that "I used to be tall"... 50 years ago, at 6'1" tall I typically used to look over the tops of people's heads in a crowd. These days I seem to be surrounded by younger men 3, 4, or even 5+ inches taller than me. I even encounter women taller than me. It is like being in Land of the Giants! :laugh:

OP
OP
Murray Missile

Murray Missile

Regular

This is why I say that "I used to be tall"... 50 years ago, at 6'1" tall I typically used to look over the tops of people's heads in a crowd. These days I seem to be surrounded by younger men 3, 4, or even 5+ inches taller than me. I even encounter women taller than me. It is like being in Land of the Giants! :laugh:

I hear you. 50 years ago I used to be 6' 2-1/2". I have added some 23" bikes to the herd, at 68 years young I think I may have to give up the 25ers some day and I want to be prepared. :okay: They all need some work, some more than others. First up will be this '79 Raleigh Super Grand Prix I recently acquired from the original owner. it just needs a good cleaning, tuning and tires.

417686552_7303055626452203_6109962661490946207_n.jpg

I bought it to get the Ideale 90 saddle for one of my other 23 inchers, a '79 Peugeot PKN 10. The Raleigh will get a Brooks. The fork on the Pug is slightly tweaked in this pic, that has been corrected by a professional frame builder. It goes on the stand when the Raleigh is finished. I don't have a lot of history on it but it was in pretty good shape except for the fork, a broken front derailleur and rotted tires.

IMG_3195.JPG

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.

used to be tall ? you lot are ruddy giants !!
All my bikes are a 54 top tube and i reckon i could i could go smaller .

Top Bottom